Brochure Type: USA Canada and Central America 2023
Grand Tetons' peaks, Black Hills, Devil's Tower, and lawless backwater towns where legends of Buffalo Bill, Calamity Jane, and Crazy Horse once ruled are all up for grabs on this nature loving trip of geothermal wonders on a Yellowstone National Park tour, each one reminding you that wonder is never far from sight.
- Discover Jackson
- Explore Deadwood with a Local Specialist
- Scenic Drive through Deadwood
- View Crazy Horse Memorial, Mount Rushmore
- Visit the towering peaks of Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park, the Buffalo Bill Center of the West in Cody, Devils Tower National Monument, the Black Hills of South Dakota
- Connect With Locals Learn about the early 20th-century history of the old town of Sheridan with an exclusive dinner at PO News and Flagstaff Cafe.
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Experience Meet Stephen Yellowhawk and discover the history of his tribe during a festive evening of dance and song.
- 1 Be My Guest
- 1 Dinner
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 8 Breakfasts
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All transport and transfers shown
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Optional Experiences and free time
Call (502) 420-0904 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16627771
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2022
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Welcome To Jackson||Welcome To Jackson: Welcome to Jackson! Home to an array of wildlife and the center of outdoor adventures, explore Jackson on your own before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travelers for a Welcome Reception. Excitement builds as your Travel Director outlines the sites to come in your exploration of national parks.|
The Lodge at Jackson Hole
|Day 2||Grand Teton National Park||An Adventure In Grand Teton National Park: Spend a full day at leisure connecting with the dazzling natural scenery of Grand Teton National Park. If you like, take an optional float trip down Snake River^. Sit back and relax as your expert guide points out the sites and wildlife which may include beaver, cutthroat trout, cliff swallows, pelicans, osprey, and bald eagles. No matter what critters come into view, you'll surely enjoy the mountain views. This afternoon, we'll sail into the sky on an aerial tram ride to the peak of Rendezvous Mountain. The Jackson Hole Aerial Tram in Teton Village is the gateway to your national park experience. Soar from the valley to the summit of Rendezvous Mountain rising 4,139 vertical feet as you take in 360-degree views of the Tetons, Jackson Hole, the Snake River Valley, and Grand Teton National Park. Or, seasonally dependent, we'll ride the Bridger Gondola taking us 2,700 feet above the valley floor.|
|Day 3||Delve Into Yellowstone National Park||Delve Into Yellowstone National Park: We continue our exploration of the Tetons this morning before heading to the UNESCO-listed Yellowstone National Park. Your encounter with its geothermal wonders will leave you in awe. Witness Old Faithful's waters arc high into the air as it has done approximately every 90 minutes since the Washburn Expedition discovered it. We stay amidst the colorful pools of hotsprings, mudpots and geysers tonight at one of the park's signature lodges.|
National Park Lodges
|Day 4||Journey Through Yellowstone National Park||Journey Through Yellowstone National Park: Keep a keen eye out for bison, grizzlies and elk as you journey through Hayden Valley en route to the rusting walls of Yellowstone's Grand Canyon. Drive along Dunraven Pass and past Montana's Lamar Valley, home to herds of elk, bison and grizzlies. Admire the gentle cascade of water running down the multi-colored mineral terraces of Mammoth Hot Springs as they descend into the valley.|
|Day 5||Get A Taste Of The Wild West||Get A Taste Of The Wild West: Head to the infamous town of Cody, named for its most famous native son, Buffalo Bill. Gain insights into the history of the American West at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West and delve into the history of the cowboy, the role of the firearm in the early days, and the culture of the Plains Indians. This evening we Connect with Locals and enjoy a traditional Western-style Be My Guest dinner at a historic cafe, complete with an old-time tobacco shop.|
Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Sheridan
|Day 6||Uncover The Secrets Of Deadwood||Uncover The Secrets Of Deadwood: Head through the windswept prairies of the American Frontier and into the Black Hills of South Dakota, admiring the looming fortress of Devils Tower en route. Arriving in the infamous Gold Rush town of Deadwood, we join Kevin Costner's Original Deadwood Tour. Meet a Local Specialist to hear about the days of Wild Bill Hickok, Calamity Jane and Potato Creek Johnny. Journey to Rapid City, where you have the seasonal option of visiting Mount Rushmore this evening to see the evening illumination ceremony.|
The Rushmore Hotel & Suites
|Day 7||Hear The History Of Black Hills||Hear The History Of Black Hills: This morning, we pay tribute to Crazy Horse, peering at the immortalized face of the famed war chief of the Lakota people etched from the granite rock of the Black Hills. We continue to Mount Rushmore featuring the enormous carvings of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln.|
|Day 8||Roam Rapid City||Roam Rapid City: Take an optional trip to Badlands National Park this morning or enjoy free time to explore downtown Rapid City today. This evening, we join a festive Farewell Dinner and MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Experience with Stephen Yellowhawk. Learn about how he works to preserve Native American heritage.|
|Day 9||Rapid City||Farewell Rapid City: Bid farewell to your traveling companions and take a transfer to Rapid City Airport or extend your stay in Rapid City at The Rushmore Hotel.|
- If you are looking even further ahead, this trip is available to book in 2023. Visit our website for dates and today's best prices.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class